FMChecker will tell you details about your FileMaker Pro files you never knew before. Even things you could find by digging deep into some dialogs are now presented in a clearly arranged overview – and in no time at all.
Do you know what all the FileMaker Pro files on your hard disk are all about? Would you open or even convert them just to find out – and by that changing the Last Modified Date?
Simply drag your files onto the application and within seconds you will learn:
- Do all referenced files really exist in the current environment?
- For what systems have Print Setups been defined?
- What are the Import/Export/Sort Orders, and Find Requests?
- What is the Content of a Global Field (text, number, and date)?
- How many times has this file been not properly closed?
- What elements a Formula uses and click on any element for further details.
- New: Script Steps with links to variables, scripts, etc. and vice versa
- Navigate between all elements by clicking as you are used to in a browser.
- How many times has this file been Recovered?
- When was a file Originally Created and on what System and FileMaker version?
- On what System and FileMaker version has a file been used and when last?
- Is this file currently In Use and how many Guests are Logged On?
- Does it open in Kiosk Mode and have edit capabilities been removed?
- What Fonts have been used?
- What are the exact Sizes of Data Records, Fields, Layouts, and Scripts?
- You may apply a Filter to listings of fields, layouts, scripts, and others
- The number of Files read simultaneously is only limited by available memory
And many more details you would have to dig for a long way into FileMaker dialogs, without “touching” (opening and modifying) the file, and in less time…
You may check your files wherever they are – no copying or moving around necessary. It does not matter whether they are currently closed or open by FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Server (Server on Windows 2000 is currently an open issue). As long as you can see them in Windows Explorer or Finder you can check them, even on a network volume.
No need for additional software. No need for FileMaker Developer, plug-in, or database report. FMChecker is a C++ stand-alone application and runs on Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, Windows 98, 2000, NT, and XP.
:: No Comments »