FmPro Script Diff compares, edits, searches and stores FileMaker ScriptMaker scripts – outside the FileMaker database. Changed scripts are compared on a line-by-line basis and displayed with color coded tags to the left of each modified line. Interline changes are also highlighted to indicate Changed, Added or Deleted text. Each script’s XML source can be manually edited or updated via the Search & Replace feature, and pasted back into FileMaker Pro.
A common requirement for regulatory compliance and industry certifications (including: Sarbanes-Oxley [aka: Sox, Sarbox], FDA 21 CFR Part 11, ISO 9000) is to maintain a verifiable audit trail for modifications made to IT systems. The unique line-by-line script comparison feature implemented by FmPro Script Diff enables companies to quickly document ScriptMaker changes between any two versions of a FileMaker database solution. Pressing the TAB key within the Diff screen enables an auditor to instantly advance through each of the changed script lines, potentially saving hours of work looking for these changes manually.
- Line by line script comparisons displayed with colorized result tags and interline highlighting.
- Displays graphical control flow view showing script structure at a glance.
- Search and replace of text strings, variables, fieldnames, and table occurrences.
- Counts and displays highlighted search terms.
- Instantly copies stylized script text into other applications.
- Jumps to highlighted errors or found search terms with the TAB key.
- Exports scripts into a convenient packaged file for sharing among developers or archiving.
- Facilitates database auditing and change management.
- Supports the automatic generation of script definition XML via external tools.
- Stores and exports scripts within open source SQLite3 database files.
:: No Comments »